Who doesn’t love french toast? Well at one point during my childhood… I didn’t! I didn’t like anything that could remotely become soggy! For a long time I went without eating pancakes, waffles, or french toast! I love pizza so much when I was a kid I ate it all the time… then went a super long time without that! But that is another story for a different time!
I have really wanted french toast lately, so last weekend I made it twice! Now we normally don’t eat like this… and this is particularly sweet for my taste, but I wanted to make it special! David devoured it both days!
I don’t follow a recipe… to be honest I am super bad about following recipes! I usually look at one and then tweak it! If it is something I have never made before, I will make it once like it says to then change it the second time. Every ones tastes are different, and some may not like the way the recipe actually comes out. Usually I find that the recipes I find our bland… maybe I am not finding the right ones!
Anyway! Without further a due! Here is my banana chocolate french toast!
Banana Chocolate French Toast
difficulty rating 2/5
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/3 cup Milk (we use non-fat)
6 Texas Toast (or other thick sliced bread)
*Please feel free to tweak the vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg!*
- Mix the eggs together in a bowl until beaten well.
- Add milk to the eggs and mix well. It should look creamy, and a lighter egg color. If it needs more milk add a little at a time.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Heat a flat pan, or skillet.
- While pan heats up place first slice of bread in egg mixture, let soak a few seconds, then flip over and soak on the other side.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use butter pam). If you don’t want to use cooking spray you can put a pat or two of butter on the pan and let it melt.
- Place bread of pan. Let sit on one side for about a minute. Carefully check the underside of the bread. Should be a golden brown. Flip and cook on other side. Then place aside on a plate.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until all pieces of bread are finished.
- Cut diagonally, and align them on along the plate.
- Top with bananas, chocolate chips, whip cream, and syrup! Since I used whipped cream I didn’t need powdered sugar, you are more than welcome to add that too if you would like!
- Serve and enjoy!
Have a fabulous weekend!